- Posts: 343
- Karma: 4
- Thank you received: 3
Slips, Trip and Falls - Pay Attention
- Topic Author
Slips, trips and falls is the number 1 reason for an industrial injury in the United States. Thousands of disabling injuries—and even deaths—occur each year as a result of slips, trips, and falls:
• From heights, on stairs, and on level ground
• At work and at home
Pay Attention to Your Movements and Surroundings
- Focus on where you're going, what you're doing, and what lies ahead.
- Expect the unexpected.
- Take responsibility for fixing, removing, or avoiding hazards in your path.
- Wear sturdy shoes with nonskid soles and flat heels.
- Avoid baggy or loose pants you could trip over.
- Walk, don't run.
- Wipe your feet when you come in from rain or snow.
- Report or replace any burned out lights or inadequate lighting.
- Watch out for floors that are uneven, have holes, etc.
- Keep your hands at your sides, not in your pockets, for balance.
- Don't carry loads you can't see over.
- Walk slowly on slippery surfaces. —Slide your feet and avoid sharp turns.
- Sit in chairs with all four chair legs on the floor.
- Make sure all wheels or casters are on the floor.
- Be constantly alert for—and remove or go around—obstructions in your path.