- Track worker dies after being hit by train at Petrie station
The Forensic Crash Unit were last night advised of the incident and it is understood Workplace Health and Safety will lead the investigation.
- Oakland construction accident: 9 workers hurt in collapse
13 workers were injured Friday morning when a building collapsed at a Oakland construction site near downtown. Oakland police said a building that was under construction collapsed at about 9:30 a.m. on the 300 block of Hawthorne Street near Broadway.
- Seriously burned worker collects nothing from civil lawsuit
RICHMOND, Ind. — A Richmond man seriously injured during a 2011 work accident will receive nothing from a civil lawsuit filed two years later. Judge David Kolger ordered a summary judgment in favor of Miller Transporters, Inc., the final defendant...
- Pakistan: fatal mine accidents kill seven coal miners
Seven workers lost their lives in two separate coal mine accidents at the Sor Range coalfield in Balochistan on 24 May 2017 and at the Lakhra coalfield in Sindh on 25 May 2017. Pakistan coalmines are some of the most dangerous workplaces in the world as...
- 'Please slow down' injured construction worker pleads after crash kills co-worker
HAPPY VALLEY, Ore. – A construction worker who was hit by a suspected drunk driver Tuesday afternoon in Happy Valley has a message for all drivers. “I do want to say please slow down, pay attention,” said Preston Stucky. “Just please be careful.
- Subway worker’s death still resonates one year after
Subway maintenance workers say they still feel at risk. “A lot of news went on about more surveillance cameras and emergency exits installed around tracks at subway stations after the accident. But those emergency doors that open from the tracks are only...
- Schick Razor factory worker seriously injured in machine accident
Emergency crews were called to the Schick Razor factory in Milford Thursday morning where an employee's arm got stuck in a machine. The Milford Fire Department battalion chief said the female employee was seriously injured when she got her arm stuck in a...
- Driver strikes MnDOT truck in Bloomington; 10 road crew workers unharmed
The truck did what it was designed to do and protected the 10 workers from even a scratch, a transportation spokesman said. The crash occurred about 2:35 a.m. south of the Mall of America in Bloomington on southbound Hwy. 77 near E. Old Shakopee Road...
- Dead worker’s stepson sees no fault in Huntington cesspool collapse
The stepson of a 59-year-old worker who died this week while installing a cesspool at a Huntington home said Thursday it was an unforeseen accident. “Nobody is at fault,” said John Jahoda, 29, standing outside his stepfather’s house, also in Huntington.
- Construction site accident
and paramedics immobilized the worker in the basement and put him in a stokes basket. “We hooked a rope rigging system up to an anchor point inside the middle of the house and pulled him out.” Kennedy said an ORNGE air ambulance landed in the parking...